Quotes from Suikoden IV

Adrienne

"...I think people who haven't strengthened their weapons are a bit problematic..."


Agnes

"D-Do your worst, if you dare..."

"Nooooo!!! Wh-Why?! Meaniiieee!!!"


Akaghi

"Hey, I've got things I want to accomplish during my lifetime... But if my life were eaten away... then what?"


Aldo

"Farewell birds, farewell beasts! I'm sure we'll never met again!"


Ameria

"From up here, doesn't it look like humans are really insignificant?"

"It's important to prepare on a daily basis, don't you think? You wouldn't wanna die in some outlandish outfit, would you?"

"Hey! Stop doing stuff like this!!! It'll ruin my makeup!!!"


Axel

"I've talked to all sorts of people, and maybe elves aren't so bad. It's just a little thought I had. Just a little one."

"The other day, I was half asleep... and I grabbed onto Chiepoo, thinking he was the blanket... I never thought he'd feel so good... But now, I feel so awful thinking about it!"


Bang

"Oh, too bad, gold is... Wait... G-Gold? Hmm... That's strange... I don't remember having a gold one in there..."

"I was right to move to this ship, after all. The itchiness in my nose is gone, too."


Suikoden IV


Bartholomew

"If you bring me along, bad luck will follow..."

"I told you before, didn't I? I'm nothing but a disaster waiting to happen."

"In the end, I am a sinner no matter where I go. This is what this means, yes?"

"This level... This level of punishment is enough!"


Basil

"Rakgi works a little too much, no? I think a kid's job is to play, don't you think?"


Brandeau

"Hah, child's play! Allow me to humor you."

"This marks the end for you, too..."

"One blow from me and you'll be dead from an instant!"

"Now... I will kill you with a single blow."

"So long... Kika... I'll be on the other side... with him... raising a toast together..."


Brec

"Ohh, a great leader, eh? *sniff* *sniff* You don't smell like pee, but you sure you ain't wetting your pants now?"

"Hey! What are you, blind!?"

"Hey! I got less food than everyone today! What the hell's the meaning of this?!"

"My hygiene is my own damn business!!!"

"Noooo!!! Y-You!!! You're gonna ruin my precious outfit!!!"


Cedric

"I must admit... being useful to other people sure gives me a nice feeling."


Chadli

"Everyone just keeps talking about the helmet I'm wearing... Is it that weird? It's my favorite though. This color's pretty neat, you know?"

"I'll save up money and buy a new helmet! That's my dream right now. What's your dream, Mr. Lazlo?"

"That was close!!! If I didn't have the helmet, that would've been bad news!"


Champo

"So you're celebrities..."

"Letters are hard."

"Fish are tasty."

"I hate baths."


Charlemagne

"Despite my appearance, I do have some skill in a sword."

"I do not wish to make such backstabbing comments..."


Chiepoo

"Oh, you don't have to preach about life being so tough for someone young like me."

"You have to endure some hardships to achieve your dreams..."

"I'll be 19 years old this year... Would I still be considered... a kid?"

"Hmm... A name for a ship, huh? How about a yummy name like... the "Chicken"?

"Say, Lazlo... Are we really that famous now?"

"To tell you the truth, this person here is our leader... Lazlo! ...And I'm his right-hand man... The future great merchant, Chiepoo!"

"We sure worked up a good sweat today, meow!"


Colton

"Good grief. I suppose this old man is stuck by the role of soothing the young master."

"Sir Troy, you shouldn't voice such reckless thought. You'll never know who might be listening..."

"Sir Troy... you are still a young man. It is your generation that will build the future of this country... However, it is my generation that bears the responsibility... for your future."

"No comment."


Dario

"I only fight battles I can win. That's the secret to surviving."

"Oh, would you shut up already... I'm fighting in... in the name of justice!"

"Come to me! I'll punch you out and make you forget about her!"

"Hey! I'm Lady kika's number one man, Dario! No one messes with me!"


Deborah

"I guess it's hard to see the things that concern yourself..."


Elenor Silverberg

"Humph. I've always said... People are better when they're simple."

"Oh, more talk of war. You can fight it out amongst yourselves. I've had enough."

"*sigh*... Listen here. The tactician Elenor Silverberg died a long, long time ago... But if you plan to bring her back from the dead, you'd better be prepared to pay for it."

"A promise is a promise."

"I'd just like it if those two would take a bath first..."

"Think a little bit about what you'll do... if the worst should ever happen."

"Take the opinions in moderation. Don't get carried away by them. You have to be firm in your purpose. That's the duty of a leader."

"When you get some time, it is a good idea to rest. With an alert mind, you'll be able to make better decisions."

"This tactic does not allow any margin for error."

"They're certainly providing us with entertainment, that's for sure..."

"Unless you have a better idea, don't doubt my expertise."


Elven Elder

"What do you want, human? I suggest you go on home... Or would you rather taste the sweet power of our bows?"

"The stupid humans need to suffer a little to learn their lesson."

"Humans are such an ugly infantile race. One petty excuse and they will hurt others without second thought. I know of no other such species..."


Etienne

"My music is meaningless without someone there to appreciate it. It is an utterly forlorn feeling..."

"I am hopeful that everyone's souls will be soothed by my performances."


Flare En Kuldes

"Come, my people of Obel! Now is the time for us to stand together as one!"

"Argh!!! For the love of humanity!!!"

"No!!! Y-You think... you can get away with doing this?! I swear this isn't the end!!!"


Fog Ship Guide

"Defy not thine own fate."

"This world, too, shall end someday. Come... Be eternal..."

"I will have my revenge... against this world... against chaos..."


Frederica

"You sound awfully high and mighty..."


Funghi

"My expertise is cooking up tasty dishes!"


Gareth

"I hope the day comes soon when I can devote myself to my creations."


Gary

"My name is Gary and fate has brought me here to accompany you."

"If I were just several years younger, surely I could have fought by everyone's side! I cannot help but lament that fact!!!"


Gau

"Uga! Hello!"

"You strong!"

"Uga."

"Ugaaa! Ugaaaaaa!!! Lazlo! Strong!!!"


Glen Cott

"You coward! What kind of captain leaves his men in order to save himself?! The captain is always last to leave!"

"You disappoint me... Think about team work for once... Don't you realize, only a fool chooses to fight alone."


Governor

"Why do you side with those barbarians? For your information, we do not act on petty emotions."

"Take them with caution. It can be quite difficult to collar a wild dog."


Graham Cray

"How ridiculous... A small-time crook trying to pass himself off as virtuous. Oh, enough with this ridiculous show."

"When it comes to a battle of wills, I have no doubt that mine should prevail against yours!"

"Humans are the fools of this world. And being a human, you are no exception... And neither am I..."


Gunter

"It must be fate that brings us together at this moment. Fancy a little game of dice."


Haruto

"I know the seas in this area well from the charts. I've got it all in my head, so just leave it up to me."

"Well, I think I'm actually one of the hard workers, if I so say so myself... Is that not a good answer? Am I not giving myself enough credit?"


Helga

"I was surprised when Mr. Lo Hak told me I was cute! I jumped a little in my surprise,and it resulted in a hole in the floor! I'm sorry!"

"How ironic! He's hunting a pirate, but acts like one himself. Die for the safety of all? I can't believe my ears!"


Helga

"What is it?! You want me to punch your lights out?"

"My... strength? Not my adorable charm."

"I was surprised when Mr. Lo Hak told me I was cute! I jumped a little in my surprise, and it resulted in a hole in the floor!"


Helmuth

"I do not care what you do with me. I am prepared to meet my fate."

"Let's make a promise. I'll help you end this war quickly. If you think I'm about to betray you, then kill me."

"Why? How can the people on this ship be kind to someone such as me? I cannot comprehend."


Hervey

"Dario! You thick-headed drunk! You've had enough for today."

"How long is that Dario bastard going to act like he's our senior?! Well, he is our senior, but..."


Igor

"How cold-blooded..."

"Hmm, I made the mistake of comparing my day's earnings with Mr. Gunter's. You really shouldn't talk about what you earn with other people. I feel like crying."

"There are many things I would like others to apologize about, but... I believe that there is nothing I need apologize for!"


Jango

"This ship is mine now! Yeah, right. Hahaha!!! Don't worry, I'm just kidding."

"Brec... He gets pretty wild when he's pissed off. Unlike me, he's no gentleman."

"That Desmond guy! He's always looking at me like he's scared of me or something... I've seen mice braver than him!"

"Hey! You got some kind of a death wish?!"


Jeane

"He seems to have a lot of problems... I just want to give him a gentle hug."


Jeremy

"I want them to make use of my swordmanship, more and more!"


Karl

"Your body is your greatest armor! Are you diligently building up your muscles, Lazlo?"

"I have been of no particular use, yet, I am being fed to no purpose."

"This is nothing... I will not lose!"


Katarina Cott

"Aiding a criminal is not only irresponsible; you're liable to be punished for it..."

"Oh, enough already! I must cleanse my mind and spirit, along with my body!"

"Someday... I promise... I will restore the Knights to their old glory..."

"Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I feel just slightly... less burdened."


Kate

"Uhh!!! I've certainly lost my edge if I couldn't even dodge that..."


Keen

"Accept your punishment without a struggle."


Keneth

"Sink or swim, we must flee!"

"Well... life doesn't always turn out the way we expect."

"I think they should worry more about what they ought to be doing, but... I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone here."


Kika

"My name is Kika! Now, let us go together... To sweet Hell and beyond!"


Knight of Gaien

"Guarding a place like this is not an exciting task, I know... But guarding a strategic point is extremely important, understand?"


Konrad

"Since I am going, I intend to work hard with no regrets."

"And... just like the heart, the body must also flow..."

"I cannot say I do not carry any guilt with me, but... I will hold that in my heart for a while longer."


Lazlo

"Let the sea determines his fate."

"Execute him."

"Then may the best man win."

"Living alone isn't so bad."

"I am Schtolteheim Reinbach III."

"He can't be forgiven. Off with his head!"

"My True Rune of Punishment!!!"


Leknaat

"But no matter how harsh the journey, you must remember that there are no trials that you cannot overcome. Friends will help you along the way. Surround yourself with strength, the strength of many..."

"As for the end of the world? You need not to worry. No one should be concerned of such a thing right now."

"You must choose the path which you believe in."


Lilan

"I is swimming and suddenly a net came along and I is caught I is surprised."


Liloon

"Humans! Humans are scary."


Lino en Kuldes

"A leader should always maintain a smile, even when it gets tough. Otherwise, no one will follow your lead. That's what I've learned, at least."

"With that Rune, you must realized that a harsh fate awaits you... Fortunately though, I can see you friends who care for you. Now listen to me. Do not bring them grief."

"The enormous power of the True Runes draws men of power to them."

"Damn those Kooluk dogs! But I'll admit, they've got skill!"

"Lazlo, never let your guard down, no matter how well you know your enemy! Even the slightest lapse in vigilance could cost your life..."

"What's wrong? Leading us in battle isn't a good enough prize? Fine. Beat me and become king."

"Damn, that idiot... Wasting his precious life."


Lo Fong

"I guess nothing can separate us siblings..."

"This ship is the best! Such a motley crew with colorful pasts... Heh, heh..."


Lo Hak

"Apologize? Thank? Those words are just a tad outside my realm..."


Lord Vingerhut

"I hope you ungrateful rogues are fully prepared to die here and now..."


Lo Seng

"Being on a ship is nice and all, but nothing beats living on land!"

"All righty! Well, I'll go take a nap or something now."


Louise

"From where I stand, that applies to everyone. They all have problems. But... That's exactly what's endearing about them."


Man from Razril

"This place was under Kooluk occupation until just a short while ago, but... No worries, not one of them is left now! Even their fowl stench is gone now! Hah, hah, hah!"

"My goal for immediate future is to drink some good wine again! That's all!"


Manu

"I hate people who use the stairs. If they didn't use them, maybe they'd appreciate the Elavator more."


Mao

"The mint... The mint... It disturbs the sacred ground of mushrooms..."


Maxine

"Guess I'll write something today... I had salad this morning. It was good. The end."


Millay

"If I have to marry someone I haven't even met... I may as well end it before it begins!!!"

"N-No comment!"


Mitsuba

"I'm going to slash you and it's gonna hurt."

"You're dead!!!"

"As long as I can swing my sword around, I'm sure I'll like the job."

"Woohoo! Nothing beats a bath after working up a sweat!"


Mizuki

"It can't hurt to be a little cautious."

"Akaghi, ultimately, life always ends too soon."


Mouse

"Squeak."


Nabokov

"...A seashell is just a seashell"

"You know, appraising is about investigating what something is worth, not assigning new value to it."


Nalkul

"Champo, you blockhead..."

"Champo may not look like much, but he's unmatched when it comes to mouse hunting. He's like a cat."

"Come on, let's go! We'll beat up the Kooluk and return here once again! When we do, we'll return triumphant! We'll be huge! Heh... We gotta become like Mr. Chiepoo!"

"Truly great men don't give off an aura of being great!"

"*Yawn* Sleepy time..."

"I wish people would stop inviting me to take a bath!"


Nalleo

"Sir Lazlo... When I grow up, I'm going to become a pirate, just like Daddy!"


Na-Nal Island Chief

"Say what you will, the words of a thief don't bother me in the least."

"If I am mistaken, I will pay for it with my life. But if cooperation is the only way to avoid such a fate... then I am willing to take that chance."


Nao

"Mushroom Army... The Mushroom Army is invading... Oh... Ohhh..."


Nay-Kobold Man

"I hear that humans have all sorts of things they agonize about... Try taking it easy once in a while."


Nay-Kobold Woman

"We have this wonderful hot spring, but there are many here who dislike hot water. They should take baths more often. At least once a year, you know?"


Nay Village Chief

"Cherish your lives..."


Noah

"Are you scared or something? Don't worry! I'll go easy on you."

"Okie dokie."

"This ship has a lot of food to eat! I ate a ton!"

"Why are you so mean to a cute girl like me?"


Old Man from Razril

"You scumbag!"


Oleg

"A certain person asked me to place a camera in the bath, but I will do no such thing! Really!"


Oskar

"The other day... I tried to sneak into the women's bath, thinking there probably wouldn't be anyone there... I know, that was wrong of me... B-But someone had already beat me to it! What's with that Reinbach guy?! He had all these rose petals floating in the water!!!"


Pam

"The dough of a steamed bun is made by mixing several kinds of flour and then kneading it while adding boiling water. But you must remember to knead it until it as a soft as your earlobe! Don't forget... About as soft as a human earlobe. A human one."


Paula

"How can we call ourselves Knights as we stand here, doing nothing?"

"I would think that remaining constant is a good thing..."


Perrault

"At long last, this will be my opportunity to reveal my writing to the world!"

"Now... I guess I'll turn this experience into an article, too!"

"Never underestimate the power of the pen!!!"


Ramada

"I will not betray you. You have my word."


Rakgi

"I would like to become someone who can protect my mother when I grow up."


Reinhold

"The use of the training hall is rather poor. This is a grave matter!"


Rita

"I'll definitely go! I'll go, even if you won't let me!"

"I like puffer fish with sashimi!"

"I won't give up over something like this!!!"


Schtolteheim Reinbach III

"Allow me to thank you for ridding us of that foul monstrosity."

"Have you forgotten? I do not lie."

"I've realized that I must surpass my father and strive to be noble. After all, it is I who will eventually succeed him."


Selma

"I do not wish to soil my sword without a cause."

"I had ridiculed it until now, but... bathing together was actually quite a pleasant experience."


Setsu

"It gives me such a fright! Oh, my feeble heart..."

"Baths are quite nice... I am writing this note in the bath to convey my appreciation. If the paper is a little wet, please pardon me."

"His Majesty is always telling me that I am annoying him... If caring about him is such an annoyance to him, then he'll just have to put up with my pestering ways!"


Shiramine

"I have been a fisherman all my life, but never have I caught a mermaid before! It was unbelievable!"

"Whew... I experienced a bit of a cold sweat..."


Sigurd

"Listen to me, Hervey. Don't drink too much, okay? You won't be able to warn Dario about his drinking if you do."

"My presence may not help the situation, but my absence may be harmful."

"We may be pirates, but... Not all pirates are bad people."


Snowe Vingerhut

"If you must, kill me..."

"Don't think I owe you anything for this! I despise how you always have to play the nice guy..."

"I have no choice but to acknowledge how powerless I am... I knew it. I knew it all along..."

"I am grateful... just to be alive and here right now... That's the truth."


Tal

"Piece of cake!!"

"Let's work together on this! We'll do our best... That's all we can do."

"But life sure is weird..."

"Well, honestly, I think he's amazing. He's doing things I could never do. But despite all of that... I'm a better fisherman than he is! Heh, heh, heh!!!"


Tanya

"I will follow you, even if you just say no!"


Ted

"I've made up my mind. I want to seize this opportunity to face my destiny one more time."

"Soul Eater... I... will not run away... anymore..."

"I'm not a kid! I might look young but I'm..."

"...A perfectly good arrow shouldn't go to waste..."

"As long as no one bothers me, I'm fine."


Trishtan

"I'm on a low carb diet, but honestly, I'm getting tired of it. Do you know any good, healthy recipies?"

"H-How could you... do that to a sick man? *cough*!!!"


Tov

"Ahh... So, this is the comment box. No comment."


Troy

"Yield to my sword..."

"Sorry... but I will take your life with one more move."

"I remained true to myself until the end. I remained a warrior..."


Ugetsu

"Please come fish with me! After all, the more fishing friends you have, the more fun it is!"

"Fishing is fun, but... Taking a bath is the next best thing!"

"All right!!! Time to fish!!! ...Grab a pole and reel one in!"


Viki

"I gave him a fresh fish, and he got mad at me! I guess Nay-Kobolds aren't the same as kitty cats."


Warlock

"You sure are a pesky one. I suppose I can help... but only because you insist. I, too, have a human heart after all."


Yu

"It will be terrible if a contagious disease develops on board. Please wash hands and gargle on a daily basis."

"Whoa!!! Please keep the tomfoolery to a minimum!"


Conversations:

1) Lino En Kuldez and Elenor Silverberg

Elenor: "But remember, we're fighting for lasting peace. That's exactly what's most important to all of us now, right?"

Lino: "Right... and that's why I chose to put my life on the line."


2) Troy and Lazlo

Lazlo: "Won't you come with us?"

Troy: "Don't further my defeat with your insults. I have no desire for your pity. This is how I hoped it would end. What regrets could I possibly have? Our conflict is over. The blood of the sea flows through my veins. I return to it now... ...to be reborn. Let us meet again in this sea someday..."


3) Reinbach III and Charlemagne

Reinbach: "Ahh... Well then, my noble friend... What do you wish to speak to me about?"

Charlemagne: "Well... I was just wondering why you choose to wear your fine hat in the bath..."

Reinbach: "...!!"


4) Mizuki and Rita

Rita: "Miss Kika... That picture on her hip..."

Mizuki: "..."

Rita: "Doesn't it look like a face? You know, like a bear or something?"

Mizuki: "..."

Rita: "It's not a dog, I can tell that much..."

Mizuki: "..."

Rita: "..."

Mizuki: "(Maybe it's a raccoon dog, perhaps?)"


5) Ugetsu and Shiramine

Ugetsu: "Say... Shiramine?"

Shiramine: "Yes?"

Ugetsu: "Wouldn't it be great if you could take a bath... and fish... all at the same time?"

Shiramine: "Ye... hmm?"

Ugetsu: "Hehe! I knew you'd like that idea! So look at what I brought! A fishing pole and..."

Shiramine: "Huh?"

Ugetsu: "Fish!!"

Shiramine: "Wha...?!"

Ugetsu: "After all... You can't fish without fish!"

Shiramine: "WHAT?!"

Ugetsu: "There!!! Swim free, my fishies!!!"


6) Rene, Rita and Noah

Rita: "You know how Mr. Lazlo has a lot of problems to deal with?"

Noah: "Mr. Lazlo? Oh yeah... I guess he does..."

Rita: "So, how about we all give him a present?"

Rene: "What? A... present?"

Noah: "Sounds interesting! Count me in!"

Rene: "Th-then, I wanna do it, too!"

Rita: "Really? Hey, let's all work together to brainstorm an idea for a gift."

Noah: "Hmm... Any ideas?"

Rene: "Well, let's see... How about... a girlfriend?"


7) Chadli and Keen

Keen: "Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?"

Chadli: "Hmm... Anyone who doesn't shop at my place!"


8) Champo and Keen

Keen: "Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?"

Champo: "Mr. Lazlo? I know! He's Mr. Chiepoo's underling!"


9) Gunter and Keen

Keen: "Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?"

Gunter: "Yes, he's doing pretty well. Just kidding..."


10) Nalkul and Keen

Keen: "Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?"

Nalkul: "He's amazing, you know? He's on completely equal footing with Mr. Chiepoo..."


11) Reinbach III and Keen

Keen: "Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?"

Reinbach: "He is a wonderful man. I would place him second to myself."