Quotes from Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Death

"By my master's orders, you'll be destroyed here and now!"


Joachim Armster

"It'll be a nice prelude to defeating Walter. I'll beat you to a pulp."


Leon Belmont

"Rinaldo, you have helped me so much. The least I can do for you is listen to your story and support you in your suffering."

"The force of your grief can only make me stronger. Thank you... I am grateful..."

"I swear to you! No more will suffer your fate!"

"Yes. I'd be lying if I claimed otherwise. But defeating him... No, preventing others from suffering the same cursed fate... That was Sara's dying wish... Granting my beloved's wish that is all I can do to prove my love to Sara."

"Eternity without her would be nothing but emptiness."

"I see. Give him this message: You have become a cursed being and I will never forgive you. This whip and my kinsmen will destroy you someday. From this day on, the Belmont Clan will hunt the night."


Castlevania Lament of Innocence


Mathias Cronqvist

"By becoming a vampire, I obtained eternal life. That was my goal. It was my revenge against God!"

"If limited life is God's decree, then I shall defy it!!! And within that eternity, I shall curse Him forevermore!"


Medusa

"Welcome. I haven't had any visitors in a while. With that body, you'll make an excellent statue."


Rinaldo Gandolfi

"Now, don't get so excited... I'm just an old man. I just came to gawk at the man crazy enough to come here."

"It seems eternal life is extremely boring."

"Vampires are loved by the night, and this forest is locked in eternal darkness."


Sara

"I can feel it. My heartbeat is weakening and my blood is growing cold... I can feel myself changing into something inhuman... If my soul can save others, then I won't die in vain. I do not want anyone else to suffer my fate."

"Please. If you still love me, please grant me my final wish."


Succubus

"I was going to let you die without any suffering because I liked the way you looked..."

"Your face warped in pain... Just the thought thrills me. Ah, this will be lovely."


Conversation

1) Death and Leon Belmont

Leon: "I have the power to destroy all related to the vampires. Though you have divine powers, you are no exception."

Death: "Unfortunately for you, as long as my master survives, I will rise from the dead..."

Leon: "I see. Give him this message: You have become a cursed being and I will never forgive you. This whip and my kinsmen will destroy you someday. From this day on, the Belmondo Clan will hunt the night."


2) Mathias and Leon Belmont

Leon: "I sense a rage from this whip... Mathias! You abandoned humanity?!"

Mathias: "That's right! By becoming a vampire, I obtained eternal life. That was my goal. It was my revenge against God!"

Leon: "Revenge against God?!"

Mathias: "We have risked our lives and fought for the sake of God... But God mercilessly stole away the one I loved most... When all I ever wished for was Elisabetha's safety!! If limited life is God's decree, then I shall defy it!!! And within that eternity, I shall curse Him forevermore!"

Leon: "Mathias..."