Quotes from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Althena

"Men? Ve are a voman. Vun voman! Are you blind, stupid manchild?"


Astram

"I am but one arrow in the quiver. Princess Nyna is the bow. So long as we have her to lead us, Archanea's light shall never fade."


Cain

"These scratches? It's my pride you're wounding, sire."

"...Sire, I... I cannot bear this! Failing to protect His Majesty... then leaving my brothers to die, slinking away like some coward... This indignity is too much to bear! One day I will repay them in kind. I will avenge the fallen... I swear it!"

"Glory to Altea, land of my birth! Farewell, sire! Fortune protect you..."


Caeda

"Why fight for nothing when you can fight for something?"

"Tell me: do you believe in love? Oh, listen to me. I'm sure you already have a sweetheart..."

"My father has a saying: 'A kingless country is a country still; but a king without subjects rules naught but hills.' If you disobey your king to ensure his subjects' safety, how is that a betrayal? You are protecting his reign."

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Camus

"...It does not matter what I know or think. I am a knight; I have a duty to fight for my motherland's glory till the very end."

"But what sort of knight abandons his kingdom-- his king!-- now, when they need him the most? Would you have me toss away the life I have built as if it meant nothing at all?"

"I have lived as a knight, and I intend to die as one. There are no other roads left for me to walk."


Castor

"Prince Marth, I am Castor of Talys. I wish to add my bow to your strength."


Darros

"Ahoy, Prince Marth, I be Darros, a simple man o' the sea. I've had me fill o' the piratin' life, and now I be lookin' t' start anew. What say ye? Make me yer matey, and I swear t' pull me load."


Elder

"I know today's battle means little when the entire world is at war. History may not remember it-- but we will. Our village will speak of your feats for generations to come."


Etzel

"I've no taste for war, but I do have a fierce hunger for ending it. Let's usher in a new era, you and I."


Frey

"Count this knight honored to die in the service of his prince. Live, sire, and grow strong..."


Gorden

"I was dead anyway till you came, sire... If I'm to die again, at least let me die for you. Fortune protect you, sire..."


Hardin

"Tsk, Princess Nyna would not be pleased to hear us nitpicking over who will be listed in the history books. Take command, so we can oust this Macedonian scum and be done with it."


Horace
"Soldiers! Lay down your weapons! No more Archanean blood shall be shed! ...Mine shall be the last."

"I betrayed my fellow knights and besmirched their good name. I will not dress up my sins as kindness! I accept my punishment. Allow me to die a knight's death."


Jagen

"Heh, these old bones are still good for something. Farewell, my prince. Live, and grow strong..."

"This... was your only recourse, sire. But surely, one day, you will be able to set things right..."


Jeorge

"Let me fight with you to save my land, and I will use this silver bow to show you marksmanship unlike any you've seen."


Jiol

"Listen, men. Your target is the prince. Find the prince of Altea and bring me his head served on a shield!"

"Hie, troops, after him! Put that craven whelp to the sword!"

"League? How dare you call them that! I see naught but a prince of ghosts and his pack of rebels."


Julian

"Me? I've washed my hands of thievery and joined the forces of justice."

"I'm entitled to have a moral crisis now and then!"


Lena

"I cannot bear to watch others come to harm when I have the power to help."

"If you're going to fight, then at least fight for something you believe in.


Lorenz

"...I shall have to learn to mask my misgiving better, if you can pluck them from my heart so easily."


Malledus

"Stop! Sire, consider for a moment why the princess would go so far as to lie to you to ensure your escape. Your sister knows that you are the future of Altea-- nay, the whole land!"

"Sire... You must live. Drink deeply now of these injustices; sup on these slights they serve. Remember them! One day you will lead us back here to avenge the fallen and reclaim Altea in their names!"

"In your veins flows the blood of a hero-- the blood of Anri. You are a son of House Archanea, and sole heir to Falchion-- our only hope of defeating Medeus, emperor of Dolhr. Sire, wer't in my power, I would have you choose your own path... but I'm afraid your path has chosen you."

"If he is, then why would you be so selfish as to let him die in vain? Honor him, by allowing his life and his choice to mean something!"


Mannu

"Interlopers! Barbarous filth! They dare dig their heels and hooves into this hallowed ground? I will kill them for this-- one by one-- then turn the crimson grass beneath them into their pyre!"


Marth

"I am the prince of Altea. I will not yield to you or any other nation, here on my own land, under my own castle roof!"

"...Then it seems my life is no longer mine to hazard."

"...Well, I will find a way! You cannot expect me to agree to... to abandoning one of our own to a death at the hands of the enemy. Surely there must be another way..."

"'Surely'? Why do words of such conviction smack so much uncertainty when spoken? Not surely, Jagen. Assuredly. Gra will pay for all their acts. Today, though, allow me to wallow in this pain, to feel every awful twist of it. I never want to forget."

"Castor, you can still show her your heart is true. Let the battles to come be what defines you!"

"If you've truly had a change of heart, you deserve the chance to prove it. Show me you're ready to help people, and then I'll know I've picked a man of character."

"The whole Archanean League fought tooth and nail this day."

"Today is a momentous day for my kingdom and my people. I must celebrate with them now, not later. Anything else would be a disservice to those who died to save Altea. I am a prince before I am a son or a brother."


Matthis

"If I'm going to die, I'd rather die as one of the dashing than one of the dastardly."

"Well, you just be careful. There are plenty of thieves out there who would steal a girl's heart."


Merric

"'Twould be a passing shame if you didn't get to see me flex a little magical muscle. Wait till I show you my latest: Excalibur!"

"I'm sure the prince would be pleased as pie to have magic as robust as yours in his arsenal."


Minerva

"Fie, enough! I've no stomach for these cat-and-mouse tactics. Come, Whitewings! We fly! Hyah!"

"The whole world has gone mad."

"But history needs to remember that when Macedon went astray, it was a Macedonian who set things right."

"Since I was little, I followed in Michalis' footsteps. Whatever books he read, I read; whenever he practiced the sword, I was close by, watching, learning... He was always a step ahead: my hero, something to aspire to. Even now, some part of me loves him. ...I love him enough to spare him death on some stranger's sword, you see? Let him be punished by my hands."

"Real war is nothing like your stories of princes and damsels."


Morzas

"What fool throws away a life already so preciously bought?"


Navarre

"I'll turn no blade of mine on a woman. If you're willing to pay for my services with your life, then consider yourself the high bidder. My sword is yours."


Nyna

"I feel as though I should cry, Marth; or scream. But no tears come, and I cannot chase away the sadness and rage... ...I cannot change the past. I can only shape the future."

"But I shall give you no knight's death. I shall give you a traitor's life. You say you will not dress up your sins. I say you will not run from them either."

"You did all in your power to protect these people. That was honorable, Horace. But if you die today, no one will remember you for anything but your one act of betrayal. Your soldiers will have to bear that shame in your stead. Do you call that justice?"

"Starting today, you shall prove to the world there was value in your actions. Show us a traitor's worth. Show us what the soldiers who fought and died for you saw to be true."

"He acted to save lives, yet the world will brand him a traitor. That one word will come to define him... and none will ever know the traitor's worth."

"That hunger for danger worries me, Marth. Humanity's hope's rest on your shoulders. I would sooner not see them crushed."

"Not all evils are wrought for evil purposes. Perhaps this sounds naive, but... A true leader needs to look at his opponent and see more than just an enemy."

"Marth, if you have anything to say to Caeda, say it now. Love cannot always make the leap from heart to heart by itself; sometimes you must speak it aloud and give it wings. Surely a great leader like you can muster the courage for that?"


Rickard

"I'm Rickard. Just a small-time thief, mind you, but I've got big aspirations!"


Roger

"What can I say? I think I'm in love. Try saying no to a girl who comes racing up to you in the heat of battle just to ask if you believe in love! Whew! I must've turned red as a strawberry! Heh heh..."


Ruffian

"What's the matter, Gaggles? Can't talk 'cause you're gagged, Gaggles? Ba ha ha!"

"Once the prince sticks you like a pig, we get to call him Marth the Tyrant, coz'e kills 'is own countrymen. Won't that be a 'oot!"

"So long, Gaggles! Better start prayin' to your 'igher deity of choice!"

"Heh. Whadda you want? A broken nose?"


Villager

"If you go up there, keep your wits about you-- or you won't come back down."


Wendell

"I've no taste for war, but war is what I've been served."


Xane

"You've got character. Say, why don't we team up? I do owe you for savin' my hide. And I think you'll find my considerable talents are... quite considerable."


Ymir
"But if I find out you're lyin' to me, I'll split you right down the middle."

"I'm strongest in the land! Well, second strongest, at least. I can hold my own in battle."


Conversations:

1) Astram and Marth

Astram: "While I have decided to lend you my sword, my allegiance lies with Princess Nyna-- not you, my lord. I will follow your orders, but should I learn you have been false to her, or that you are manipulating her... Heads will roll."

Marth: "Well, Sir Astram... in the interest of keeping my head atop my shoulders, let me suggest this: Fight with me. Watch me, and then judge for yourself whether I am worthy of your skill and of your help."


2) Jiol and Gra Soldier

Gra Soldier: "King Jiol, they're 'ere! The League is outside the Bastion!"

Jiol: "League? How dare you call them that! I see naught but a prince of ghosts and his pack of rebels."

Gra Soldier: "B-beggin' your pardon, sire, but everybody calls 'em the League now. Altea and Aurelis and Archanea... The League of A's, you might say!"

Jiol: "Shut up, you idiot!..."


3) Marth and Tiki

Marth: "You must be Tiki. Bantu told me all about you."

Tiki: "Ban-Ban told me about you, too... Will you take me with you?"

Marth: "Of course, Tiki, as long as that's what you want."

Tiki: "Yes, yes, it is! Oh, thank you, Mar-Mar!"

Marth: "...Mar-Mar?!"


4) Nyna and Marth

Nyna: "That hunger for danger worries me, Marth. Humanity's hope's rest on your shoulders. I would sooner not see them crushed. "

Marth: "Which? Humanity's hopes, or my shoulders?"