Quotes from Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Alucard

"I've come to destroy this castle."

"Demon! Death is too good for you."

"Death in the dream world will send your soul wandering through all eternity, demon."

"'Tis best then if you pray for the soul of your friend."

"You claim to love the darkness. Go then and dwell there for all eternity."

"You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to love."

"But you must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing..."

"The blood that flows in my veins is cursed. 'Twould be best for this world if I were to disappear forever."

"Mankind continues to fight, but it is a desperate fight to stay alive. I suppose that he chose a life of warfare since that was the only way he knew. Like you Father, he chose of a path of destruction... Farewell, land of my birth. Never again will these eyes gaze upon your beauty."


Death

"Still befriending mortals... I'll not ask you to return to our side. But I demand you cease your attack!"

"Then, for the Master, I will feast on your soul this night!"


Dracula

"Ah...sarcasm. 'For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world, and loses his own soul'?. Matthew 16:26 I believe."


Castlevania Symphony of the Night


Ferryman

"I'll guide you to meet your destiny!"


Maria Renard

"Not the talkative type I can see. Well, perhaps we will meet again. If you live that long. Farewell."

"Thank you. So... you do know how to be a gentleman."

"......... I'm sorry. I can't let him disappear from my life."

"Do you suppose that this too is Fate?"


Richter Belmont

"So the war between humans and vampires finally ends here..."

"What need for the shepherd when the wolves have all gone... My time on this world has come to an end..."


Richter Belmont (Alter Ego)

"Open Hell's gate! Come forth, my servants!"

"Crush this flea who invades my castle. HA HA HA!"

"Count Dracula rises but once every century, and my role is over. If I can resurrect him, then the battle will last for eternity!"


Shaft

"This world must be cleansed in the forge of Chaos."

"Count Dracula has come to purify this corrupt world... with the searing flames of Chaos."


Succubus (Fake Lisa)

"It's all right. If my death can save others, I gladly surrender my life."

"You must despise humans. They are to be your prey!"

"Better for them to die than to let them compound their sins. Begin by slaying that one, over there."

"Kill them, and bring them happiness!"

"Darkling, I smell your blood. You're a vampire? Could it be... that strength, that beauty... you're the son of Lord Dracula!"


Conversations:

1) Richter Vs. Dracula

Richter: "Die monster. You don't belong in this world!"

Dracula: "It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans, who wish to pay me tribute."

Richter: "Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves."

Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."

Richter: "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you."

Dracula: "What is a man?! A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"


2) Alucard Vs. Dracula

Alucard: "Father..."

Dracula: "Well met, my son! It's been a long time."

Alucard: "I was hoping we would not see each other again. I can't allow you to leave here, Father."

Dracula: "You have ever been the ally of humans. Have you forgotten what they did to your mother?!"

Alucard: "Think you I would forget such a thing?! No! But neither do I seek revenge against them."

Dracula: "Still uttering the same nonsense. No matter. Now is the time to put aside your weak human side. And join me in REMAKING THIS WORLD!!!"

Alucard: "Dracula! In the name of my mother, I will defeat you again!"