Quotes from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Adrammalech

"I am the totema Adrammalech! By my strength, I shall defend the world-thread... And destroy all those who seek to harm it!"


Amelie

"Please find my pet. His name is 'meow' because he goes 'meow meow.'"


Ark Knight

"Clan Borzoi forever!!!"


Babus

"...And before the echoes even fade... Wham! In come the clans like a pack of hyenas!"

"How dare you call the prince an ordinary commoner!"

"How can a whole world be someone's attempt to escape?"

"The prince himself has said, if the world is to go back, he should be the one to do it! These are not the words of a dreamer! No, he looks reality in the face, and it pains him terribly."

"Until then, fight, and fight well!"

"This may be goodbye, but we will always be friends."


Bibilina

"My lucky rabbit tail found me a wonderful husband! But now we're married, I think I need a little more luck."


Black Mage Society

"To all black mages: in order to raise the status of our clan brothers, we will give you a black hat. Wear it well!"


Final Fantasy Tactics Advance


Bokum

"A plant monster is attacking people, and the body count is rising! We need a weeder, quick!"


Brown Rabbits

"Hare today, hare tomorrow!"


Cesare

"Youth, beauty, and physique are a plus."


Chikk

"I'll show you the pen is mightier than the sword."


Cid Randell

"Power, friends, rank, wealth... This world offers all of these things, and more. What else could you possibly desire?"

"If your heart is good, your path should be clear."

"We are, from this day forth, servants of the law only."

"Judges have absolute power, and that power must not be abused!"

"Oh, I'm under no delusions that this is the end."

"Judges trying to gain ranks by breaking the law..."


Cindy

"We are the Magus Sisters three! Before us all foes flee!"


Clan Member

"With law as our enemy, we need every man!"

"We're free to the end! Freedom will never die!"


Cristo

"Ah, Locuna! I am but a servant, and you a noble's daughter. Our love cannot be, but I must tell you how I feel! Poem, anyone?"


Da'aye

"Paradise or Purgatory? You find out!"


Domure

"I live a cursed life, but now I'm getting married, and nothing can go wrong!"


Elu

"Our editor used to be so fast we called him 'Blue Bolt.' But he's lost it of late. We need something to jog his memory!"


E'oi the Elder

"Only a sharp eye can find the best items!"


Ezel Berbier

"Hah! Pretty soon, laws will be nothing but a bad memory!"

"Fame has always fascinated me, you see."

"Life wouldn't be any fun if you always won!"

"Please, take it easy on me! I'm a sensitive man, you know!"

"It's hard when everyone thinks of you as a genius."

"It is THEY who have crossed the line! Making all their laws without asking us what we think."

"I'm enjoying the recent lapse in my popularity..."

"Any enemy of the judges is a friend of mine."

"Inspiration has struck!"

"Don't expect any favors at the shop! Business is business, after all."


Fago

"Justice must be done!"


Famfrit

"I am the totema Famfrit. I am wielder of the power. I am the protector."


Gillom

"Hearing it sucks the strength right out of me!"


Godeye

"Bounty hunters? I saw you coming... with my third eye!"


Gukko

"The dark shall prevail!"


Hernie

"I must tell her how I feel yet I lack the courage to life a quill."


Hihat

"My teacher's secret recipe says 'stir without rest for seven days and seven nights.' Will someone please stir for me!?"


Hoek

"I finally got the famed sword 'Ragnarok,' but it's a fake!"


Hulick

"A swordsman from afar has come looking to challenge our strongest warrior. One look at the guy was enough to send me running!"


Human

"I swear the queen takes pleasure in watching us squirm!"


Hunter

"All I wanted was for people to be friends with me..."


Julian

"Help me break out of prison, just for one day, please! All I have to do is deliver a birthday present to my wife!"


Lamia

"No one can see me like this and live!"


Lich

"I am Lich, Falgabird of the earth! I will rot you alive!"


Lightning Brothers

"We are the Lightning Brothers, bound by blood-oath and iron law!"


Llednar Twem

"You are a nuisance and must be removed."

"Dying breath, light my blade and sing in shadow... Omega!"

"Judgemaster or not, you cannot pass."

"...This reeks of foul play."


Lodion

"Come to find out why they call me 'Dark Duke Lodion'?"

"How could I fail!? Darkness, take me into your fold..."


Luhoche

"I can't speak well. I'm always saying too much, or not enough!"


Lyle

"Whatever you say, whitey-locks!"


Marche Radiuju

"Well, no point worrying whether I can win or not... I just have to try!"

"I just want the world to go back the way it was!"

"Funny... Here I am, looking at a ghost. But I don't feel scared at all."

"This world might make him happy now... But it's just an illusion, a dream! Mewt needs to go back and live his real life, not this!"

"It's a game! It's just a dream-- an escape from the real world! But you can't just avoid problems forever... I have to go back!"

"It's escapism! Can't you see? It's not healthy!"

"I'm going to bring the world back-- the real world!"

"I need to focus on doing what I must do now."

"But I do know that as long as I truly want to go home... I'll be able to. No matter how long it takes."

"I am who I am, I am what I have done. There's no 'real' me out there! I'm right here!"

"Watch all you want. We have nothing to hide!"

"Snakes, turtles, plants. Foreign beasts come in all kinds!"

"Nothing good can come of the darkness."

"You should've known: Foul play only takes you to prison."

"The law is not for you to decide."

"You can't be free by restricting other people!"


Mewt Randell

"I'm royalty... I'm a prince. Everyone listens to whatever I say. My word is... law. This is my country! Nobody picks on me!"

"Who's trying to wreck my world? Get out! Get out of my world!"


Mog Knight

"My dearest Montblanc, I think of you always. If we could meet, I would much like to tell you how I feel in person."

"Now you'll get a lesson in humility from Clan Rose!"


Montblanc

"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

"...this is by far the most kupo story I've ever heard!"

"Marche is Marche, and Ritz is Ritz! All you can do is what seems right to you, kupo!"

"It's true that there are no laws in the jagds... But lawlessness comes at a steep price, kupo!"


Nu Mou

"I see no need to remain where I am not wanted."


Omar

"For years I gave her my all and now she's left and taken my savings with her. I going for a drink, want to come along?"


Pakanon

"A lawless sport for a lawless zone!"


Paladin

"The bounty's as good as in our pockets!"

"When a clan grabs all the power, a dictator is not far behind! We will defeat you for our fallen friends and... for freedom!"

"You may have beaten us, but you can't beat all the clans! Someone will rise to take our place! Enjoy your short reign!"


Pewl

"We're looking for a few good 'neighbors'! Won't you join our world-wide network?"


Phale

"Both Galmia Pepe and Brint Mea are looking for new designs! The fate of the fashion world hangs in the balance on this one!"


Raven

"Dread Raven never loses!!!"


Rayne

"Eat Ultima Masher!"


Remedi

"To our people, I am Queen Remedi, but always remember... To you, I am your mother, and I love you very much."

"This world is illusion. You can hold it in your hand and still be holding nothing. You... have accepted this? No, I think you have not. You still want it, don't you? A happy family, and power... and friends. All this you have here... This is the real you!"

"I am the wish-gatherer. I am the world-maker. Desire is the thread that binds the worlds together."

"Poor child... Devoting yourself to a dream."


Ritz Malheur

"Hey! That's gender discrimination! And I know some 'little girls' who can kick your butt!"

"Most books are sooo boring. They're all way too predictable."

"...I certainly wouldn't turn in a friend for some gil."

"Ask me a thousand times, and my answer will still be 'no.'"

"I guess... games always have an ending, after all. That's part of the fun, really. Getting to the end. Of course, sometimes you don't want them to end just yet..."

"We've run into a tough blade biter, and well, we've bit off more than we can chew!"

"With me on your team, you can't lose!"


Secret Clan Coalition

"We clans were made to steal work, to gain turf, were we not? All you fat and lazy clans, get ready for a rude awakening!"


Shara

"I think it was you being sad that made her sad."


Sihaya

"My son is in the attic, pretending to be a monster that doesn't like homework!"


Snow Fairy

"Oh, if only I had a yummy sweet as cold as fallen snow."

"Bummer. You suck."


Talkof

"I have the incredible power to make things float just by looking at them. Problem is, I can't make them stop floating! Help!"


Thief

"Here comes our pot of gold now!"

"Reading and writing should be banned! Paperwork sickens me!"


Tiamat

"I am Tiamat, Falgabird of Wind! Prepare for your doom!"


Time Mage

"Our magic force will have you laying on the ground!"


Tingel

"My face was cut in a duel that I recklessly started. I wish to keep the scar as penance, but how do I keep it from healing?"


Wilhelm

"We need good steel and young muscles!"


Zels

"My favorite toy is the champion of justice, but my friend Amigoh says it's just a rubber monster. Who's right?"


Conversations:

1) Marche, Ritz and Mewt

Marche: "Well, what do you like, Ritz? Comic books?"

Ritz: "Games! You know, fighting monsters and all that."

Marche: "OK, if you could make any game real, which would it be?"

Ritz: "Hmm, that's a good question!"

Mewt: "I'd pick 'Final Fantasy.' That's my favorite."


2) Marche and Montblanc

Moogle: "Kupo! Where exactly are you from, kupo? Cadoan? Muscadet?"

Marche: "I... I don't know. I'm all confused. And to top it off, I'm talking to a stuffed animal!"

Moogle: "A stuffed animal? I'll have you know I'm a moogle, kupo!"

Marche: "Fine, so you're a moogle. What's that?"


3) Ezel and Cid

Cid: "I heard that the nu mou call you an eccentric loony."

Ezel: "...They only say that because they are jealous! This, too, is a burden we geniuses must bear."


4) Moogle Theif and Viera Summoner

Moogle Thief: "This tree looks good, kupo!"

Viera Summoner: "Yes, yes. Just the right size. Let's get it!"

Moogle Thief: "I could get used to this tree-cutting business, kupo! So much easier than cutting things that fight back, kupo!"


5) Babus and Marche

Babus: "Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this "other world" worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"

Marche: "Well, I..."

Babus: "What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"


6) Cid and Marche

Marche: "Wait! The others have nothing to do with this!"

Cid: "Oh, but they do-- they aided a wanted fugitive!"

Marche: "That's not fair!"

Cid: "It's the law. You can choose to cooperate or not. Their fate is in your
hands. You can explain everything at your leisure... in prison!"


7) Doned and Marche

Doned: "Of course you want to go back. You have a reason to! You can run around and play with your friends..."

Marche: "...."

Doned: "But what's waiting for me? Have you thought of that? You have everything back there, and I have nothing!"

Marche: "Doned, wait! You said I have everything... But I don't. There's something you have. Something I've always wanted. You just don't realize it."


8) Remedi and Marche

Remedi: "I am the fulfiller of wishes. Now, Mewt's dearest wish is to stay here... And, there is another who wishes the same thing."

Marche: "Me...? I don't deny what you say, but... This world is just a dream, and I'm done with dreaming!"


9) Ritz and Shara

Shara: "Is white hair really so bad?"

Ritz: "Of course it is!"

Shara: "But my hair's white. Did you think worse of me because of it?"

Ritz: "Shara, no... I think all vieras have beautiful hair. But it's different for me. I'm a human."

Shara: "Then you are well-loved by the spirits of the viera! White hair is the most beautiful gift of the spirits."

Ritz: "White hair is... beautiful?"

Shara: "No mere human could receive this gift, Ritz. Only you. You were chosen. You are special."

Ritz: "Well, it's tough being special."


10) Doned and Boy

Boy: "Hey, Doned! You finished 'Final Fantasy' yet? Can you tell me how to defeat Adrammalech?"

Doned: "Easy! Double Sword and Mindbreak are pretty good... Show me your save data... I'll get you set up."

Boy: "Thanks! I have lots of abilities, see..."


11) Marche and Thief

Thief: "We might spare your lives if you hand over your gil!"

Marche: "You won't get our gil or our lives, thief!"


12) Marche and Sphrom Writer

Sprohm Writer: "Taking my money would've spared your lives, fools!"

Marche: "Fools! You could've spared your own lives!"


13) Marche and Poaching Hunter

Poaching Hunter: "Fools! Do you know how much these skins can sell for?"

Marche: "That's not an excuse to hunt down endangered animals!"


14) Marche and Babus

Marche: "You know, Babus. I've been thinking. Maybe we could, y'know, be friends?"

Babus: "Friends...? You, friends with me?"

Marche: "Yeah. I mean, we had our troubles in the past. But, why not?"

Babus: "...Yes. I see no reason to object."

Marche: "Then that settles it! Friends!"

Babus: "Friends. But... not close friends."


15) Ezel and Marche

Ezel: "So, how should I pay you for helping me?"

Marche: "Pay me? Oh, I'm fine, really. You don't have to pay me. I already got paid for the mission, anyway."

Ezel: "Yeah, but I feel like I should give you something, after all."

Marche: "Um, well..."

Ezel: "I know! I'll give you the greatest gift of all... Me! I'll join your clan!"


16) Marche and Hunter

Hunter: "Judge Watch!? I'm innocent! What's wrong with kissing?"

Marche: "Kissing may be fine, but you can't make it into a law!"


17) Judge, Illusionist and Ninja

Judge: "Seals of immunity, 'blank cards,' and judicial bribery! The split from the palace was supposed to be good for us... But corruption among the judges is worse now than ever!"

Illusionist: "Indeed. It seems the split from the palace was an unwise decision."

Judge: "I, too, believed the judges should be separate. But, perhaps the timing was too soon?"

Ninja: "Timing has nothing to do with it. It is a problem with the moral fiber of judges themselves!"